The Learning Resources Center provides technical equipment and software to serve the needs of academic departments adapting to changes in curriculum development and it supports the entire University community.
As the emphasis of the University shifts from the traditional educational areas of the curriculum to the more professional and technically oriented areas, the center aims to provide resources to meet the requirements of course offerings and the special requests of students.
The emphasis of the center is on service to students, faculty, and staff . The center has a philosophy of openness and is committed to excellence in teaching and learning.
Poster and printing services are available through the Learning Resources Center on the first floor of the Hilton C. Buley Library. The LRC is open limited hours due to limited staffing available. Refer to the hours listed on the right or call the LRC staff for more information.
Making a Request
1. Create the poster in Adobe Illustrator, MS Publisher, Adobe Photoshop, or MS PowerPoint. Files created in other programs should be saved as PDF. Be sure the dimensions of the file match the requested dimensions of the poster (i.e. 24" x 36", etc.) See our Poster Tips section if you need help.
2. Either use the Online Form or the print form (available at the Circulation/Check Out Desk). When using the print form, complete the information in the ABOUT and REQUEST sections.
3. Via Dropbox: Upload the poster file using the Dropbox File Submission. Be sure to use the same name as entered on your request form.
4. In person: Visit the LRC during business hours and complete the print form (unless the online form is already submitted) and drop off a flash drive with the poster file. Label the flash drive with your name and contact information clearly visible.
Files will be printed as delivered. If changes are required, please contact the LRC to cancel your request and submit a new request.
Terms of LRC Services
1. Poster and printing services may be paid by check or HootLoot. Make checks payable to" "SCSU Account # 577250"
2. Departmental Banner accounts may be used for academic and University-related purposes only.
3. Posters will be made within five business days of receipt of request form and valid poster file. Equipment repairs or limited supply of materials may occasionally cause delays. Large volume orders (e.g. five or more requests at a time) require a minimum of two weeks' notice.
4. All original copy and layout for posters must be done by the requestor. Library staff are not able to make adjustments to poster design or modify requests. If changes are required, please contact the LRC to cancel your request and submit a new request.
5. Be sure to use the current University standard version for all software. Version differences may result in formatting errors. We recommend that you check your file on a University Windows computer before submitting.
6. You are responsible for following copyright laws, academic honesty policies, and all other applicable regulations.
ask for Sophia Downer (see hours below)
Circulation/Check Out Desk:
ask for Shirley Cavanagh
LRC Staff: Monday & Thursday
4:00pm - 11:00pm
Dropoffs, Pickups, and Payment
Forms and drives can be dropped off, items picked up, and payments made at the Circulation/Check Out Desk on the first floor when the library is open. (Note: the desk closes 15 minutes before the building closes.)
Double sided lamination