Your Network Login is your Username (usually lastname, first initial, and a number) and the Network Password that you use to get into MySCSU, eLearning Vista, and to log into the campus computers. If you cannot log into MySCSU, use the MySCSU Password Reset or contact the IT Helpdesk for login/password assistance. MySCSU Password changes may take some time to be available in the library login functions.
If you reset your MySCSU password while off campus, log into https://remote.southernct.edu to be sure that your new password will work on the campus computers and the wireless network (SCSUInternet).
Your Southern ID number is the number in red on your HootLoot/Southern ID card. If you do not know your Southern ID number, log into MySCSU and look for Account Information under Settings on the main page. If you cannot log into MySCSU, contact the Registrar, your advisor, or the academic department of your program of study for your ID number, and/or contact the IT Helpdesk for login/password assistance.
Information for AOL users -- you must use a full featured web browser to access the databases. Log in via AOL as you normally do. If/when the AOL browser appears, minimize it and open a different browser and use the web via the second browser. Downloads of fully featured browsers are available: Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox, Opera, other browsers.
Online Databases - search for articles, statistics, and other information in over 150 online indexes, dictionaries, encyclopedias, full text collections, e-journals, and data collections.
More information for online & distance education students and faculty is available on the Distance Education Library Home Page.
3 ways to log into the Library
You must login to use the library databases from off campus, view and renew the books you have checked out from the CSU libraries, request books from the other CSU libraries, and access electronic reserves. There are 3 ways of logging into the library's online resources:
- Network username/password.
- University ID number and Library PIN.
- Remote login (uses network login).
You can log into the library catalog and databases using the same login as MySCSU, eLearning Vista, and the campus lab computers.
- Use the login boxes on the LEFT at http://www.consuls.org/patroninfo, the Login or My Record link in the CONSULS Library Catalog, or the databases login screen.
- Enter your Network Username and Password (MySCSU/Vista login).
- Be sure to pick the correct campus!
- Click the Submit button.
- Problems with your Network Login need to be directed to the IT Helpdesk.
Note: If you have recently reset your password, the new password may take some time to "migrate" to the library login. Please use the Library PIN or Remote access in the meanwhile.
If you mistype and need to try again, the campus choice will reset to Central. Be sure to choose the correct campus on each attempt.
You can also use your University ID number and Library PIN to login.
- Create your Library PIN at http://www.consuls.org/patroninfo, the Login or My Record link in the CONSULS Library Catalog, or the databases login screen.
- Enter your ID number in the login boxes on the RIGHT.
- Leave the PIN box blank and click the Submit button.
- If you have a current library account and you do not have a PIN, you should get a form to create a PIN.
- Your Library PIN should be at least 6 characters long, and use numbers, letters, or both. The library PIN is not case sensitive. DO NOT use "special" characters, such as *, #, or ! DO NOT use repeating patterns (such as 121212 -- dates are sometimes a problem, Jan 1, 1999 = 010199, for instance). You will need to enter the exact PN in both boxes.
- Click Submit.
- If you get an error message about your PIN being "not complex" enough, try a different PIN. Remember, do not use "special characters" or repeating patterns.
- If you get an error message about "invalid" or "expired" entries, you may already have a PIN (possibly created by accident) or your library account may be blocked. For "invalid" entries, try the "Forgot your PIN" link below the PIN box. That will send a message to the email we have on file. If you do not get an email, or get a different error message, call the Circulation Desk at 203-392-5756 to check the status of your account and/or to delete an old or accidentally created PIN.
An alternative route into the databases from offcampus is available through the campus Remote server. You will still need to log into CONSULS to view e-reserves, and request and renew books.
1) Log in to https://remote.southernct.edu/ (regular network login)
2) In the box on the upper right, type http://library.southernct.edu and click Browse.
You can also click the + symbol to the right of Web Bookmarks, and add a direct link to the library.
3) Search Databases as usual, without having to log in again!
Note: You will not be able to follow any links that go outside the databases or campus website. For outside links, open a new window or tab in your browser and copy the URL's into this new window/tab.
Accessing the Remote server on campus may provide different options than off campus access.
You can use the following links on-campus or via the Remote server if the login process is not working at all:
- Last Updated Aug 9, 2013
For direct access on campus to databases when the proxy server (CONSULS login) is down
113 views this year