How can you tell if an image is copyrighted?
The following indicators can help determine if an image is protected by copyright:
1. Is there a watermark on the image? A visible watermark is a clear sign that the image is under copyright. Sometimes the watermark may contain the name of a company or website. Get in touch with the owner to see if the image can be used.
2. Is there a copyright symbol on the image?
3. Is there a statement of ownership or information on sourcing? If yes, you can reach out to the person or site and get permission to use the image.
4. Contact the U.S. Copyright Office to see if an image has been officially listed? You can search the copyright files for free but fees are charged for written records
The following screenshots show you how to do a reverse image search using Google:
1. On the Google page, click on "images" on the top right.
2. This will bring up the Google Image search screen with the camera icon,