Our access includes:
NYT access will be a little different than accessing our other databases. Instead of going through the library site and logging in with your SCSU credentials when off campus, you should go to accessNYT.com to create an account with your SCSU email address. You can create a new account or link an existing account to SCSU access. Once you have done this, you can go straight to nytimes.com or download the NYT app onto your device and log in. For detailed instructions on how to set up your account, keep reading. If you have any questions during the process, use the Buley chat or email Hayley Battaglia (firstname.lastname@example.org).
1. Go to accessnyt.com and start to type "Southern Connecticut State University" until our institution appears as an option in the list.
2. Click "Create Account."
3. Enter your SCSU email and click continue. You must use your SCSU email in order to access the subscription provided by Buley Library.
4. If you have an existing NYT account set up with your SCSU email, enter your password here to switch over to the Buley provided access. If you don't have an account with your SCSU email, click "Create One."
5. Choose a password and click "Create Account."
6. Keep an eye out for a validation email.
7. When you receive the validation email, click the link to validate. Indicate whether you are student or faculty. If you are a student, enter your anticipated graduation year.
8. You're all set! You can log in and start to view NYT content. You can visit nytimes.com/passes to claim a new pass when your expiration date arrives.