General Research Steps:
1. Identify your topic and write down the main concepts as keywords.
3. Use SouthernSearch to search for books and e-books, videos, articles, digital media, and more. After entering your search, use the limiters on the left to narrow your search.
4. Search International Bibliography of Theatre and Dance with Full Text database and other databases to find articles on your topic.
5. Find Internet Resources using search engines or Research Guides provided by librarians.
6. Evaluate your information. Distinguish between scholarly and non-scholarly sources. Check the authority and quality of the information. If you have too many resources you may need to narrow your topic. Ask a reference librarian or your instructor for help if you need it.
7. Always cite your sources and give credit to the authors of the references you are using to avoid plagiarism.